I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Hurricane Katrina, Cont.

I wrote an article for a newspaper in Missouri recently called The Pathway about a church that bought an old nightclub building and turned it into a community center of sorts. Of course, the church had no idea that the building would one day be used to help 1,600 people put their lives back together after being hit by Hurricane Katrina. But that's what happened.

If you get a chance, read the article. It includes a story about an eleven year old boy who was in the shelter on his birthday and I was so touched by it that I had a hard time getting through the article during the revision process.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...