I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Renting a Cabin

A friend called me yesterday and told me that his wife had a great time recently on an all-girls outing to a cabin that sits near a huge lake about thirty miles away from our home town. The cabins there don’t really sound like cabins though. They have heat (a major plus during the winter months in the Midwest), real beds, televisions, kitchens, and even multiple floors. Sort of sounds like a house to me, but that’s my kind of cabin.

My friend wants to get a few of the guys together at one those cabins for a little guy time. We could bring the sports movies (yes, somebody would have to bring a DVD player, but that wouldn’t be difficult), and the board games, and the cards, and lots of junk food (hey, if we have to cook, it isn’t going to be healthy). I told my friend that I’m in and that I’m already looking forward to it.

I go fishing about once a year, but I wasn’t able to swing a trip this year, so I haven’t been out of town with the guys for a long time (well, unless you count a number of baseball trips to Kansas City every year, but those are mostly about the baseball). Depending upon how long we are there, we may end us just staring at each other most of the time, but I doubt it.

The group of guys that I hang out with aren’t afraid to talk about real life and I’m anxious to find out how things are really going in their lives. So we’ll have our fun, but we’ll also have some great conversations. Hopefully I’ll be able to snap a few photos to post here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...