I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Favorite Poet

Once a month, I've been attending a literature group. I've been exposed to all sorts of writing that I don't normally read--including prose, short stories, and poetry. I'm not the best at figuring out symbolism in this type of writing, but I'm enjoying the process. In fact, as I frequent bookstores, I'm even finding myself drawn to the poetry section. And that makes me wish I had a favorite poet.

I've leafed through several anthologies and several complete works of specific poets, but so far, nothing grabs me. Well, that's not true. I love a poem called, "If," by Rudyard Kipling. But I've looked at some of his other poems and they don't seem to appeal to me as much. I've glanced at poems by Whitman, Frost, Yeats, Wilde, and others. But I still haven't found a favorite.

How about you? Do you have a favorite poet? If so, why do you like him or her so much? Judging from the movies and books that I talk about on this blog, do you have any suggestions for me? The poet I'm looking for isn't afraid to talk about love (and all its glorious extremes), and he or she observes and thinks about things that most people miss. And finally, my favorite poet understands humanity so well that I'll know myself better after reading his or her work.

A tall order? Yeah, probably so. But do you know any such poets?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...