I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, February 23, 2007

The Greatest American Hero

In the early 80's, I loved a television show called "The Greatest American Hero." Do you remember it? It was about a teacher who receives a super hero suit from aliens while on a class field trip in the desert. He's instructed to do good with it, but he loses the instruction book before he even gets home, so he has no idea how the suit works. It's a great premise for a show and I used to laugh my head off as he flew into buildings and had various other problems with the suit.

When I saw that the show was available on DVD recently, I hedged a bit. I'm not into crime shows. I know they are really popular right now, but they just aren't my thing. And I was afraid that maybe the show wasn't as good as I remembered it being. So, instead of buying season one on DVD, I rented it through Netflix. I didn't get very far into the first season though before I turned it off. The show wasn't bad. In fact, I was surprised that it wasn't more cheesy, but it just didn't appeal to me like it used to. Of course, I was 15 when the show first started, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

I chalked it up as an experience that is better left in the past--even though I have access to it in the present. I used to live more in the past than in the present, but now I love the concept of the here and now. And I love time. The past provides great memories. The present is an opportunity to live life to the fullest. And the future is full of the wonderful unknown.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...