I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Coming to Life

Do you ever go through seasons in your life where you feel more “alive” than at other times in your life? I mean alive in the sense that you feel everything more deeply? That’s how I’ve been feeling lately. The situations that should bring pain are indeed doing so. And the situations where I should laugh, I’m laughing. This post might sound a bit odd if you are the type of person who always allows yourself to experience the full range of emotions that life has to offer. Typically, I haven’t been one of those people.

I think I’ve avoided emotional extremes because they make me feel out of control. I’ve slowly come to realize that without the extremes, life can seem mundane—especially compared to the way some people choose to live life to its fullest. I’m finding that I’d much rather shed a tear or pump my fist than doing neither in an attempt to veil the way I really feel. I’m never going to be considered an extrovert, but it’s nice to know that sometimes I can venture across the line.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...