I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Lines in the Sand

I have a Garfield flip calendar on my work desk. I got a chuckle out of the cartoon strip for the day yesterday. It opens with Jon (Garfield’s owner) saying, “I wonder how Garfield is doing on his diet?” The next panel shows Garfield holding a huge pile of donuts and he says this to Jon, “If 11 donuts stick together, it counts as one, right?”

How true to human nature is that? It seems that no matter what parameters are imposed upon us, we try to find a way to move the lines. We do it with diets, budgets, taxes, and sometimes even personal and professional relationships. We know what is rightly expected of us (this post isn’t about what is wrongly expected of us), but we’d rather move the line than accept its limitations.

I’m not going to pretend that I’m any better than the next guy. I just know that when I do accept justifiable limitations, my life runs smoother and I feel better about who I am.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...