I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Top Personality Blogs?

If you look at the top 100 blogs, as ranked at Technorati, it's not hard to spot a trend. You see three types of blogs: celebrity/entertainment, politics, and technology.

While I enjoy a good technology blog and the occasional political blog (assuming the writer isn't telling me the other side is the devil), I gravitate toward personality blogs, even though they are not nearly as popular. That's why so many of the blogs on the blog roll here at Little Nuances are personality blogs.

As I looked through the list at Technorati, I couldn't find one personality blog. In fact, I couldn't even find a place on the Technorati website in which they rank personality blogs. They do have a "People" section and it appears to list some personality blogs alphabetically, but that's not really what I'm after.

Personality blogs interest me for a number of reasons:
  • Personality bloggers often talk about what they believe and why. Getting a glimpse into their thought process helps me to process my own life better.
  • Personality bloggers are often honest about what they've done wrong and what they are hoping to do to turn the corner. Reading about their journey helps me to examine my own mistakes better.
  • Personality bloggers are often honest about their hopes and desires. I like to dream along with them.
  • Personalty bloggers dig deep inside themselves and tell you why they love what they love. There's nothing like 1,000 word post by someone who loves a certain movie, book, or song. Reading such posts makes me feel a little less alone on my own journey.
You already know some of my favorite personality blogs. Now, tell me about a few of yours by leaving links in the comments section.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...