I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

(500) Days of Summer

“I dream sometimes about flying. It starts out like I’m running really, really fast and I’m like superhuman and the terrain starts to get really rocky and steep. And then I’m running so fast that my feet aren’t even touching the ground and I’m floating and it’s like this amazing, amazing feeling. I’m free and I’m safe, but then I realize, I’m completely alone. And then I wake up.”  –Summer Finn, from (500) Days of Summer

I love it that Summer realizes the contradiction of flying about, free and clear, while at the same time experiencing loneliness. It’s a non-romantic view of freedom. Something about hearing people wrestle through their contradictions is inspiring to me. It makes me feel better about my own. It also helps me to be honest about them and to examine them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...