I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Gremlin Meeting

A couple of mornings ago, I was awakened by what felt like somebody repeatedly sticking a needle in one of pinky fingers. I knew what it was before I opened my eyes: a small sliver from my fingernail went rogue and the blanket was bending it backward. I hate when that happens.

Yesterday morning I woke up and the left side of my nose hurt. I have no idea why.

Nearly every morning, I wake up to some new adventure. I often envision little gremlins hovering over my bed at night, just waiting for me to fall asleep so they can begin their work.

They take out their little hammers and pound away on my knees and hips all night long. They wiggle my nose and ears back and forth. They climb on my shoulders and elbows and jump up and down. They laugh and mock and make promises to meet each other – same time, same place – the next night.

By the time I wake up, they are gone, but I know they’ve been there. I can feel the effects of their handiwork.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...