I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Monday, November 30, 2009

The Blind Side

The Blind Side is the story of Michael Oher, an African-American homeless boy who was eventually chosen in the first round of the NFL draft after a white family took him in, loved him, and launched him into the world to become the person he was intended to be.

The movie will challenge you to see past barriers you might not normally see past; to help someone in bigger ways than you might initially want to; and to sacrifice beyond your comfort zone. Ultimately, it might even challenge the way you live out your faith.

Looking around the movie theater, I saw one of the more racially diverse crowds I've ever seen in a movie. And I saw more men than I usually see at a feel good movie. There was also applause after the movie and even a few tears.

As my friends and I were walking out, two guys behind us had a short, guy-like conversation:

Guy #1: "Great movie."

Guy #2: "Yeah."

Guy #1: "It's the closest I've come to crying."

I presume Guy #1 meant it was the closest he's come to crying at a movie rather than the closest he's ever come to crying, period.

Either way, it's that kind of movie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...