I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday Free-for-All

--I joined the texting revolution this week. It almost seems like an underhanded way of communicating with people when you shouldn't though. I can't tell you how many restaurants and other businesses I've walked into only to see a clerk with his or her head down, punching away on a text message. I still don't really understand the craze, but it if means communicating with my niece more frequently, then I'm all for it. Now I just have to make sure she isn't doing it during her classes at school.

--The regular baseball season is over and it feels weird not watching or listening to my beloved Royals each night. But I've already read more since the season ended, and that's a good thing.

--I completed a moleskine notebook recently, and that means I got to start a new one. I love thinking about the possibilities as I tear off the plastic wrap of a new moleskine. I've already jotted down the following quotes this week: "Ain't no cure and that's a fact, for a reminiscing heart attack" (a line from an old Banshee song that has been running through my head lately). "Peace is not a sign of health--graveyards are peaceful" (my pastor said this during a recent sermon). "Writing isn't a disease, it's the cure" (a commenter named wandererchronicles on a recent post at the moleskinerie.com flickr page).

--Ron Benson wrote a post called "Church" a couple of days for his blog, Grace Clinic, that is hysterical, thought-provoking, and dreadfully serious. While I should highlight the dreadfully serious part, I almost died laughing when I read this paragraph: "My brother and I used to crawl under the pews while the church pianist practiced and the room was dark. She suffered from delusions, and believed she was a former Communist, now a U.S. spy, and she knew that her previous employers would eventually hunt her down. Robert and I would sneak around making creaking noises on the floors, popping up every now and then, and trying to cough like Communists, to watch her jump from the piano bench." I love the "trying to cough like Communists" line. Too funny.

Have a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...