I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Preferences Change

One of the beauties of the written word is its permanence. Its a direct line to what the author was thinking at the precise moment he or she put pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard.

While I enjoy being able to look back on what I used to think about a given subject, I also used to dread the idea that someone might fight a contradiction in my writing and shove it in my face.

I don’t fear that anymore.

If you find a contradiction, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least. Point it out to me if you must and I’ll probably just nod my head in agreement with you.

Beliefs change. So do preferences.

A couple of days ago, I looked over my list of 100 Preferences that I wrote in 2005 and 14 of the 100 have changed. One of them has changed twice. I’m thinking that I need to update the list—maybe draw a red line through the ones that have changed and use a different color to highlight my new preferences.

One thing that hasn’t changed is my preference to put nearly all food products in the refrigerator (including chips, cookies, bread, and pop tarts). I get all kinds of mock grief for this from my friends. But hey, a guy like what he likes, right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...