I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Midweek Quotes

Jan Karon is one of my favorite authors. In honor of her newest and last release, Light from Heaven, in her Mitford Series, I'm going to use some of Father Tim's (the main character in the books) favorite quotes for the Midweek Quotes post this week. These quotes come from a book called Patches of Godlight, also written by Jan Karon:

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." –Helen Keller

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." –Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Good character is more to be praised than outstanding talent. Most talents are, to some extent, a gift. Good character, by contrast, is not given to us. We have to build it, piece by piece—by thought, choice, courage, and determination." –H. Jackson Browne

"A little library, growing every year, is an honorable part of a man's history. It is a man's duty to have books." –Henry Ward Beecher

"If you want to know your true opinion of someone, watch the effect produced in you by the first sight of a letter from him." –Schopenhauer

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...