I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

It's All About Perspective

So, the time came this week to drain my beloved waterbed to make room for my new bed. I needed a waterbed pump to make that happen and I've bought six or seven of these things over the years so I was sure I still had a couple lying around. I opened the junk drawer in my kitchen and found several of them, with the exception of one small piece--an adaptor that goes on the faucet. I searched and searched and couldn't find that one piece.

It was blue. That much I knew. I checked my tool box, which should probably be in quotes because I don't really own that many tools and my tool box looks more like a lunch box than a tool box, but that's a story for another day. I eventually gave up trying to find the blue adapter and I called a furniture store I've purchased several other waterbed pumps from in the past and the sales associate who answered the phone said that they don't carry them any longer.

Wow, I really am out of date.

So, that led to more searching. I looked in my toolbox again and there it was. Except it was white. It wasn't blue like I remembered. I attached it to the faucet (where it still remains because it's stuck) and drained my waterbed. But it really made me think about perspective. I missed what I was looking for because it didn't look like I thought it should. How often do I do that in everyday life? How often do you do it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...