I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

It's a Celebration

“If you stacked all the Bibles sitting in American homes, the tower would rise 29 million feet, nearly 1,000 times the height of Mount Everest. More than 90 percent of American households own a Bible, and the average family owns three, according to pollsters at the Barna Group.” –from an article on Crosswalk.com

I can’t wrap my mind around the numbers in the first sentence, but the numbers in the second sentence sound about right. I own more than three Bibles. In fact, I own more than three translations of the Bible.

I’ve read through the Bible in the NKJV translation, the NIV translation, and the ESV translation. I’m currently working my way through it again in the ESV, but my scriptural appetite isn’t always what it should be, so I needed to see this video (hat tip to Amy at Permission to Peruse) – maybe you do too:


The Kimyal People Receive the New Testament from UFM Worldwide on Vimeo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...