I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Photo by Sammy Davis Jr.

I was never a big Sammy Davis Jr. fan growing up. Nothing against him personally. He was just a little before my time. I know very little about him, other than the fact that he was extremely talented. But I was intrigued the other day when I heard that a new book has just been released that contains photos he took throughout his lifetime.

I caught a short segment of Regis & Kelly this week, during which Regis was talking about this book. He said Sammy used to carry a camera with him in his "man purse" everywhere he went. Regis said Sammy didn't care what people thought about him for carrying his stuff around in a bag. He just seemed to want to capture life as it happened.

Kelly pointed out that the photo used as the book cover (depicting Sammy and what looks to be a very young Jerry Lewis) was probably taken in a mirror. I'm sure she's right. If you go to Amazon.com, you'll see several other neat pictures Davis took. Everybody seems to be so happy in the photos. Capturing happiness in others must have brought him happiness. Not a bad endeavor if you ask me. And a great way to leave a legacy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...