I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Monday, September 08, 2008

I Love the Fall

As I drove to church yesterday morning, signs of fall were in the air. I saw several joggers who were bundled up in sweatshirts and jackets. The air was crisp. And I actually didn't have the air conditioner running in my car. That's probably the surest sign that fall is near.

I love this time of year--except for the repeated sneezing when the pollen count is high. Baseball heads for the post season during the fall; the US Open tennis tournament comes and goes; football season starts; the weather is nice enough that you can get out and do anything you want to; and this is the time of year when people seem to really enjoy just hanging out with each over outdoors over a glass of wine simply for the sake of it.

My reading capacity seems to increase in the fall. I have so many books on my to be read pile and I can't wait to get to several of them in the coming weeks. I have two novels from Nancy Moser, once of my favorite novelists, that I haven't read yet. Nicholas Sparks has a new book coming out, called The Lucky One, on September 30. I purchased several out of print Anne Lamott novels at a used bookstore a while back that I'm hoping to get to as well.

I usually make an annual pilgrimage to a small town in mid-Nebraska to watch a friend's son play high school football around this time of year. His son graduated from high school in May, but we might go watch his son's former team play anyway. It's hard to beat a high school football game on a brisk Friday night.

What are you looking forward to this fall?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...