I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day Randomness

I've been watching coverage of Hurricane Gustav this morning. I can't help but think of the first post I ever wrote for this blog about Hurricane Katrina. Thoughts and prayers go out to those in the path of Gustav.

The US Open coverage on CBS is pre-empted today in Omaha for the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon. So, I'm listening to coverage of the tournament on the US Open website. But I've also checked in on the telethon a bit. It brings back memories of watching it as a kid. I can remember donating a portion of my allowance on more than one occasion and then staying up all night watching it, knowing that it was the last time I could stay up before school started. In my day, school started the day after Labor Day. Yeah, I know. I'm old.

Speaking of the US Open, things haven't exactly gone the way I had hoped. Ana Ivanovic lost in the second round. She's still not sharp after missing so much time with a thumb injury after Wimbledon. On the women's side, I guess I'm rooting for Patty Schnyder, although I don't think she has a chance in the world. If she loses to Elena Dementieva, I'll probably root for her.

On the men's side, James Blake lost in the third round to Mardy Fish, but I like Fish too, and he just beat Gael Monfils this afternoon to get to the quarterfinals. Sam Querrey is still in it, but he goes up against Rafael Nadal next. And Andy Roddick is playing well. I'd be happy to see Fish, Querrey, or Roddick win it. Fish has a remote chance. Querrey probably isn't in good enough shape. And Roddick still has a tough road that includes Fernando Gonzalez, and the possibility of Novak Djokovic, and maybe Roger Federer. But I think he's playing well enough to make it through.

Still working with and trying to understand how to get the most out of Twitter (here's a link to my page). So far, I really like keeping up with people I know this way--especially since not all of them have blogs.

Well, I'm off to enjoy the day. Hope you do too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...