I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Howard the Duck

Continuing the 4,000 Questions series: "What movie did you like that everybody else hated?" 

Howard the DuckThat's an easy one to answer: Howard the Duck. I have no idea why this movie bombed at the box office or why people make fun of it, but I love it! I saw it again on cable a few months ago and cracked up as Howard delivered these classic lines:

"That's it, No more Mr. Nice Duck."

"Desperate ducks commit desperate acts."

"No one laughs at a master of Quack Fu!"

"Of all the alleys in the world I could have fallen into that night, why did it have to be yours?"

"I know why you need the toolbox -- you've got a screw loose."

And my favorite line:

"What is the name of this place?" Howard asks Beverly.

"Oh, Cleveland."

"Cleve-Land. Perfectly weird name for this planet."

Every time I hear Cleveland, I hear it as Cleve-Land.

My friends make fun of me for liking this movie. Critics hated it. I think even Lea Thompson is embarrassed by it. But I love it.

You want to see the trailer, don't you? Go on ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...