I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Monday, July 05, 2010

Knowing a lot about a little

A week or so ago, somebody on Twitter asked this question: “Are you the type of person who knows a lot about a little or a little about a lot?” I’m definitely the type who knows a a lot about a little.

LONDON - MAY 10:  In this photo illustration  the logo and search page of the Manchester Evening News is displayed on a computer screen on May 10, 2006 in London, England.  (Photo Illustration by Daniel Berehulak/Getty Images)

I find no satisfaction in knowing bits and pieces of information. I must know and understand the journey.

That’s why I’m not a big highlight guy when it comes to sports. I don’t care what the score was if I don’t know how the score got that way. Who scored? How did he score? What were the circumstances?What sort of resistance did he face? What is his story? Did he overcome something? What did he do when he wasn’t scoring? What are his strengths and weaknesses and how were both on display throughout the game?

When I know the story and the background, then I care. Otherwise, I don’t even look at the scoreboard.

Sometimes people ask me my opinion about a certain event going on in the news and I am not even aware of it. It’s not because I don’t care about the news or about what’s going on around me. I just can’t comprehend it all, so I take smaller bites.

So, what type of person are you? Do you know a lot about a little or a little about a lot?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...