I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

55 Quirky Questions for Readers: Part 1

Couple Reading Books
This questionnaire has been making the rounds on blogs and I've enjoyed reading people's answers. Looks like it originated on The Literary Lollipop blog.

Here are my answers:

1. Favorite childhood book?

Benvenuto by Seymour Reit. Hands down. Wrote about it here.

2. What are you reading right now?

The Mountain Between Us by Charles Martin.

3. What books do you have on request at the library?

I don't really do the library.

4. Bad book habit?

I crack the bindings sometimes by opening books too wide. I have this thing about needing to have the book all the way open.

5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?

Nada.

6. Do you have an e-reader?

Yes, a Kindle 2 and I love it. Wrote about it here.

7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?

I could never read more than one book at a time.

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?


Not really. But I love talking about the passages that move on my blog.

9. Least favorite book you read this year?

The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler. The protagonist was too flaky.

10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?

The Tender Bar by J.R. Moehringer.

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?

I don't read crime, horror, detective stuff. Doesn't interest me in the least.

12. What is your reading comfort zone?

My reading interests are pretty varied, from sports to theology to fiction. I don't really read about sports as much as I read about the lives of athletes. Andre Agassi's Open is a good example. Reading this book last year turned me into a fan of memoirs. I read some theology, mostly from the reformed perspective. I step out of it occasionally. Regarding fiction, I prefer contemporary fiction that is character driven.

13. Can you read on the bus?

I haven't been on a bus in ions, but I could read on one.

14. Favorite place to read?

Recliner.

15. What is your policy on book lending?

Rarely do it.

16. Do you ever dog-ear books?

No.

17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?

Oh yes.

18. Not even with text books?

I detect a bias in this question against writing in books. Putting that aside, when I was in school I wrote in text books too.

19. What is your favorite language to read in?

I only know one: English.

20. What makes you love a book?

If it is fiction, I need to be able to identify with one of the characters. If it is non-fiction, it only needs to be genuine – no perfect people doing good things with the correct motivation all the time.

Part 2 coming tomorrow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...