I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Rekindle Your Dreams

Rekindle Your DreamsI met Trish Porter, an Olympian who represented the US in the high jump at the 1988 Olympics in Seoul, at a writer's conference a few years ago. She was working on a book to inspire women who think they might be too old to follow their dreams.

A publisher at the conference hooked us up and I wrote an article about her journey called Leap of Faith you can find at Christianity.com and kyria.com (both are Christianity Today International publications).

She continued to work on her book – one I believed would be published one day – and then, about a couple of years ago, she sent me an email telling me she had just signed a contract for her book called Rekindle Your Dreams. I was so happy for her. The book was published earlier this year. 

As of this summer, she was still competing in the high jump and still inspiring others. Here's an interview she did in May that tells more about her story:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...