I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

#85 Windows

Continuing with the 100 life-enriching little nuances series …

Max waits patiently for Latte to notice him
The window in my home office feels like my own TV channel. I sip my coffee in the mornings, trying to wake up enough to start my work day and I check out what's playing on my channel.

Fall is playing this morning.

The first thing I see is a rogue branch from the hedge bush in my front yard that blocks too much of my view. It sticks up defiantly knowing I don't have a saw or hedge clippers to keep it from doing so. But one of these days …

A squirrel sits in the barren tree in my front yard and munches on something. He appears to be a rebel squirrel. Somehow he's figured out a way to flip his tail all the way up his back to make it look like he has a Mohawk. I envision other squirrels walking on the other side of the street to avoid him. I pick up my camcorder and shoot a video of Mohawk squirrel. Who would believe me otherwise?


Across the street, a neighbor's tree is full of vibrant, red leaves – none of which have fallen to a nearly perfectly manicured lawn. Even though the lawn is well kept, the grass is green on one side of the lawn and mostly brown on the other side. It's a losing battle, but someone has to fight it.

The people in the house next to it have given up the fight. I feel their pain. Leaves are piled high and more continue to float downward.

I'm keeping an eye out for a cat I have named Max. He hasn't made an appearance yet this morning. He's a neighborhood cat who visits my cat, Latte, once in a while. He's into her. He'll lay underneath the window she is sleeping by, hoping she'll notice him. I'm okay if she flirts with him a little, but he looks sort of wild, so I always make an appearance just so he knows to mind his Ps and Qs.

I'm fully awake now. Time to get to work. But I think I'll leave my window television on. I like the background noise.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...