I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, July 27, 2012

We Need Each Other

Today is going to be crazy.

I need to get my driver’s license renewed, renew my license plates on my van, take care of some legal paperwork and I have a couple of work projects I need to complete. Those projects are dependent on me having access to my email, which is normally not a problem. But Yahoo! email has been down all morning. 

Yeah, I know. I should use an email address from my own domain. But even those aren’t foolproof. And using an email address from my own domain doesn’t work well for me. I have my hands in too many cookie jars.

For example, when I’m working on an editing project for a publishing house or a manuscript critique company, it would look odd if I sent an email to the client from an email address that ended with @christianmanuscriptediting.com. It would be similar to working as a consultant for McDonald's and then sending a client an email from a Burger King email account.

Putting all of that aside, I’m reminded of how dependent we are on one another. I have two clients who are waiting to hear from me today regarding their respective projects. I am waiting to access their projects that are stored in my email that I cannot get into. Since I have already made other appointments today, my window of time to handle these projects is dwindling. If I were to push any of those other appointments back, it affects other people’s schedules. And so it goes.

This isn’t a knock against Yahoo! I rarely have email issues with them. But it does make me wonder about the ripple effect. How many times have I dropped the ball regarding another person, which caused him or her to make adjustments I was oblivious to?

Sometimes it can’t be helped. But I would like to limit those instances on my end.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...