I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Human Touch

As a cat owner and lover, I really appreciated an article a friend sent me the other day. It’s about a woman who adopted two cats after their owner died during Hurricane Katrina. The article is written in letter format to their former owner and it’s quite touching. The writer does an excellent job of showing how people are connected, even if they never meet each other. Here’s a little of what she said:

“During this same period, my lifelong best friend was diagnosed with cancer. Then my boyfriend had a head-on collision with a drunk, putting him in the hospital for four weeks. It was almost too much, but then I thought about our cats. When I felt overwhelmed, they'd snuggle up on each side like a kitty holster to protect me from the blues as they must have with you. And I'd remember what they'd survived: losing someone they loved, that they'd almost died themselves, but now are happy and safe. They helped me realize that time heals, life goes on, and the power to survive comes from many sources.”

Here’s a link to the article: A heartfelt thanks to a certain Katrina victim

Technorati Tags: ,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...