I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Moleskine to the Max

I love the way technology sometimes complements old ways of doing things. You might think that the last place on earth you’d find a community of people who are into recording things with pen and paper is online, but if you google “moleskine hacks,” or check out the “lovemarks” page dedicated to moleskines at the lovemarks website, or visit the “wandering moleskine project” over at the moleskinerie website, or stop by the Google group for moleskine junkies, or marvel over the many “moleskine clusters” at flickr, then you’ll see how many people are using technology to talk about the old way of recording everything imaginable.

I’ve written here several times about my love for moleskine notebooks. I started with one, and now I’m up to five. I have one to record quotes, make lists, record phone calls, etc, another for sermon notes, another to record my devotional thoughts each morning, another to record my general thoughts, and finally a small one (thank you sis’ for giving this to me for my birthday!) to keep track of my daily to-do list. A bit excessive? Perhaps. But I no longer have little scraps of paper scattered everywhere that I can never find when I need to. And I’m recording more of my personal thoughts because these things are so portable.

As much as I love my Palm Pilot, it has become simply my address book and calendar. And it does just fine in that role. But I can’t easily write notes in it and my to-do list almost never fits on one screen and sometimes lines wrap around to the next line (I hate that!). It serves a purpose, but when it comes time to capture creativity, give me a moleskine notebook any day.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...