I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Encouragement

I've been going through a bit of a rough spot in my life lately. We've all been there. But a little over a year ago, I started an "encouragement" file for times like these and it pays off big time. Whenever somebody sends me a thank you card or an encouraging e-mail, I drop it into this file. I flipped through it yesterday and found it to be a rich treasure.

One woman sent me a postcard that had the words of Amazing Grace printed on one side and on the other she wrote, "Pulling for you and praying for you as you work on various projects. Prayed verse four (of the song) for you. Warm wishes." Another woman sent me a thank you card that said, "I wrote on my evaluation that you were the faculty that helped me the most." Another woman sent me an e-mail and told me that my book, Single Servings, changed her life.

Not only do such words have immediate impact upon receiving them, but they continue to carry immense power long afterward if they are preserved. If you haven't started an encouragement file yet, today would be a good time to start. And if you haven't sent a thank you card for a while, send one today. I'm going to drop a couple of them in the mail this morning. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...