I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Never Too Late

I got a chuckle out of an article I ran across recently that a friend wrote about me in 1982 while were both in high school. He took a journalism class and worked for the school newspaper, so he chose to write an article about my participation on the school tennis team. I scanned a copy of the article. Here it is (by the way, my first name is Jerry):

The funny thing is, I’m the one who turned out to be a writer, while my friend went on to do other things. Neither choice was better, obviously. I just find it interesting to note that both of us found other interests long after we left high school.

I also played on my high school’s golf team. I’ve lost interest in the game in recent years, but I have a friend who never played in high school who has taken up the game as an adult and he’s far better than I ever was.

I say all of this to encourage you. It’s never too late to develop new passions. If you are interested in something, pursue it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...