I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Transitions

Everywhere I look in my house, I seen signs of transition. On one side of my living room, I have a shelf full of video tapes, and on the other side of my living room I have a shelf full of DVD's--as if the two can't co-exist next to each other because they are battling for attention. I have a special machine that plays both video tapes and DVD's. I have more than 100 CD's, 100 audio tapes, and 100 MP3 files. In fact, I have some LP's laying around in my basement as well. I have several blogs and several moleskine notebooks to record my thoughts.

And I have lots of pictures that show my life in transition. When I was young, I had really short hair--thanks to my dad taking the clippers out one day. When I was in high school in the 1980's, I had feathered hair that was parted down the middle (who didn't?). As a young adult, I grew my hair long during the 80's and bleached out the tips (again, who didn't?). In 1992, I had my long hair cut off and I went back to the 80's feathered look. In 2002, I was ready for a more modern look, so I returned to the look of my youth--a buzz cut. Funny how life sometimes circles back around, isn't it?

I used to be bothered greatly by transitions. I'd still rather have one medium to play music, one medium to watch movies, one medium to record my thoughts, and well, you get the the idea. But that's not how life works. I don't think it ever has. Long before technology advanced at breakneck speed, somebody was always inventing something new--the printing press, cameras, plumbing, automobiles, airplanes, computers, on and on it has gone. And on and on it will go.

I've slowly made my peace with constant change. And while I doubt that I'll ever look forward to it on a regular basis, I'm actually looking forward to a few changes. I don't know if they will ever come about, but if I had to guess, they will. And, at some point, I'll be able to add them to the ever-growing list of changes I've endured.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...