I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

A big thanks to all of the armed forces for all that you do. Your efforts and sacrifices are appreciated. And to all of the military families who have lost loved ones in service to our country, I'm not sure that anybody can really put strong enough sentiments into words, but we are infinitely grateful for the liberties we have as a result of their sacrifice.

Today, I want to pay tribute to my father, who died in 2000. He was in the Army in the 1950's. My mom gave me this picture of him a few years ago. He was probably 18 or 19 at the time. If you look in the right hand corner of the photo, you'll see that he wrote a small inscription to my mom that says:

To Sally
with all my love
Jerry


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...