I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Do it Anyway

I heard a song the other day that made me stop what I was doing. It's called "Anyway" by Martina McBride. Before this particular song, I couldn't have named one Martina McBride song. But what a song it is. I downloaded it and have listened to it over and over again in the past few days.

Here's the video version if you're interested in watching it:


This song is filled with hope and it doesn't qualify actions. I like that. Here's one verse from the song:

"You could chase a dream
That seems so out of reach
And you know it might not ever come your way
Dream it anyway?"

If you haven't heard the song, listen to it. Get inspired. I love the idea of doing something "anyway"--against all odds, even when you're convinced that it'll never amount to anything.

In fact, another verse from the song goes like this:

"You can pour your soul out singin'
A song you believe in
That tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang
Sing it anyway"

What would happen if all of us sang the songs that we really wanted to sing without regard for how they were received? For you it might be writing a novel, playing sports at a competitive level, or starting a business. Whatever it is, forget about the results (those aren't really up to you anyway), and dive in with both feet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...