I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday Free-for-All

I'm not sure how long I'll continue this, but Fridays are great for randomness. So, I'm introducing a new series called Friday Free-for-All in which I'll just give you a glimpse of things I'm thinking about. Feel free to add your own randomness in the comments section.

--How in the world does the average person ever get enough sleep? I need between seven and eight hours of sleep each night but if I do the math that means I'd need to be in bed by 10:30 or 11:00 PM. And that rarely happens.

--How in the world does the average person ever keep up with his or her email inbox? I'm often days behind, especially on personal email.

--I just learned how to convert all of my old cassette tapes to MP3 files so I can put them on my iPod. Now how do I find the time to do such a thing? But assuming I can, I'm already getting anxious to hear music from bands I haven't thought about in years.

--Check out how close this blogger got to sit for the US Open semi-finals last weekend! Thanks to Legal Lane for providing the link.

--Peach over at Perils of Peach! has been writing some rather honest, soul-searching posts. Stop on over when you get a chance.

--I've been thinking it's about time to re-engage in politics. I'm so out of the loop. Don't worry, I'm not planning to deluge you with a bunch of political posts. I have other forums for that.

--Pastor D. James Kennedy died last week. I watched his funeral on television yesterday during lunch. Most people have probably never even heard of him because he was never caught up in a huge scandal. I couldn't help but think about the irony of it all.

--I'm still reading a novel called Lay of the Land by Richard Ford. It's a good book, but I'm sort of bummed out about how few books I've read this year. I've really fallen off the pace I've been on the past few years.

--Speaking about books, I'm getting the bug to write another one. I have two swimming around in my head right now, one fiction and one non-fiction. I can always tell when I've got the bug because the books begin to write themselves in my mind long before I sit down to physically write them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...