I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Monday, September 24, 2007

High School Football

I made my annual visit to central Nebraska this past Friday night to watch a friend's son play 8-man high school football. We got there just in time for the kickoff (it was a bit of a drive since it was an away game). As the game progressed, the temperatures dropped, which is typical for Nebraska in September, the mosquitos came out (I saw one as big as a bird), and people of all walks of life did too.

A couple who sat in front of my friend, his wife, and I had on identical jackets showing their support of the home team. Lots of students milled around, having absolutely no idea that they'll look back on such times as some of the fondest of their lives. The concessions stands were easily accessible and the food was cheap. For the record, I ordered a Diet Pepsi and a hot dog.

A little boy sitting next to me in the bleachers was far more concerned about his Mom's nachos than he was the game and he nearly had a hissyfit when he accidentally kicked his bottle of Gatorade between the bleachers and down into the dirt below us. Mom was quick to take him down to retrieve it. Cheerleaders from both schools did their thing. And I can't imagine having much more fun on a Friday night than being a part of this.

Unfortunately, the batteries in my camera died early in the evening, but I snapped a couple of photos:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...