I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday Free-for-All

--The countdown is on. I get to see my first NASCAR race in person this weekend. A friend and I have tickets to both the Busch race and the Nextel Cup race at the Kansas Speedway. I'm rooting for Carl Edwards in the Busch race and Mark Martin in the Cup race.

--On a much sadder note, one of my favorite baseball players who plays for the Kansas City Royals may play his last game this weekend in Royal blue. Mike Sweeney has been the face of the franchise for close to a decade and I'm hoping he'll get one more contract with the Royals, but things aren't looking good. I'm hoping to get to Kauffman Stadium on Saturday night to see him play one more time.

--I've decided that I don't like alternate endings on DVD's. In fact, I've decided that I don't really like the voice-over commentary by the cast either. I used to, but something about it bugs me now. I might post about this after I've thought it all the way through.

--I'm often surprised by which posts people comments on. I didn't expect any comments on the Scars post this week, but I was pleased to see other people leaving their own scar history in the comments. I received an email or two about it as well. That was so cool.

--I heard recently that the average person takes 400 pictures per year, unless he or she has children. In that case, the average parent takes 700 pictures. I took 738 in 2006 and I'm not a parent. But I've taken far less this year, so it sort of evens itself out. I really do need to take more pictures. I love looking back at them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...