I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Vacation Time

IMG00401I’m taking the week off to vacation in Arkansas. My dad’s side of the family is from Arkansas and my mom’s side has roots in the state as well. 

My grandparents used to bring my sister and I to Arkansas when we were kids and we always had a blast. Since we were city kids, we couldn’t wait to get to visit our relatives so we could ride a three-wheeler or go exploring outside.

This trip feels a little different since so many of those relatives are gone now. But in about an hour, my mom, my aunt and I are headed to a little town where many of those relatives are buried. We’ll also hook up with another relative I haven’t seen in probably 15 years.

So, I’m looking forward to an afternoon of reminiscing, photos and catching up. I’m also hoping to just take it all in.

Oh, that picture you see up above – I snapped it with my Blackberry just a couple of blocks away from a relative’s house. I love the fish mail box/paper box motif. Reminds me of when I was young and my grandfather used to take my fishing in Arkansas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...