I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wax lips

Wax Lips “What do you think it tastes like?” my dentist asked me yesterday as she formed a temporary crown out of some sort of waxy material.

“I’m going to sound old, but it tastes like those wax lips we used to have as a kid. Do you remember those?”

“I’ve never heard of them.”

“Yeah, I’m old.”

It’s funny how a distinct taste can bring back a specific memory that was buried so deep it probably should have been gone by now.

I came home and googled “wax lips” and found that quite a few places still sell them. Although, the lips in the picture above (from Amazon.com) doesn’t quite resemble what I remember them looking like. Didn’t they used to have a white border?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...