I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Brevity of Life

Over the past couple of months, I've had my share of family members and friends who are dealing with health problems. And over the last few years, I've had my own health concerns. All of this is yet another reminder about the brevity of life. It comes and goes so quickly. The scripture says it this way: "Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes" (James 4:14).

On Saturday night, we got another reminder when the small town of St. Mary, Missouri (located about 80 miles south of St. Louis) was hit by a tornado with winds ranging from 113 mph to 206 mph. Can you imagine? And they also saw softball-sized hail. Sadly, the tornado picked up a truck containing a married couple tossed it under a roadside propane tank—killing the couple.

The couple had no idea when they got up on Saturday morning that it would be their last day on earth. But most of us will have no idea when our last day will be. It will just come, and then go, and time will march on just as it has since God set the earth in motion. What we do between now and our last day counts for eternity. Knowing that ought to make today seem extremely significant.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...