I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Free Cycle

From dating websites, to family websites complete with video and chat capabilities, to VOIP, the internet is bringing people together like never before.

My latest fascination is with a website called FreeCycle. It allows people to join a group of local people who post emails to the group offering or asking for free stuff. The organization was started to reduce waste. I think it's a great idea. Who doesn't have extra stuff lying around that they don't want to throw away, but they also don't have the time or the means to drop it off at a thrift store? I sure do. And I love the idea of my stuff going to people who can really use it.

I also like the idea that members of the group are not allowed to trade items, or even include links (or signatures) in emails that advertise businesses of any sort. The group is just about the distribution of free stuff. I've seen so many great things offered: tires, baby beds, clothing, movies on VHS, telephones, computer stuff, and many other things.

If you are a little short on cash, or just looking to make sure that your extra stuff ends up in the hands of someone who can really use it, give FreeCycle a shot.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...