I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

One Year Blogiversary

A year ago today, I hit the delete button on my former blog that dealt mostly with politics, and then I hit the “start a new blog” button. I didn’t have as clear a vision as I should have when I started it. I just knew that I didn’t want to talk about politics every day. I’m a man without a political party and I got tired of saying things nobody cares about. At the same time, I knew that life has the tendency to pass me by if I don’t find a way to remember and celebrate the small things.

Thus, Little Nuances was born.

I retitled the blog three or four times the first day. I turned comments on, and then quickly turned them off. I added new sections in the first few weeks. I tweaked the design. For a while, I included posts called “midweek quotes” (on Wednesdays) and “blog prompt Friday.” I discontinued those several months ago and started doing “top 10 Tuesdays.” Most recently I changed the header to (hopefully) capture the essence of this blog.

As time has gone on, I’ve found my niche here at Little Nuances. I’ve received several dozen touching e-mails from people I didn’t know previously. They wrote because somehow, they connected with something I wrote. That’s the magic and power of the written word. And it’s why I love it so. I now call several of those people friend. We’ve traded e-mails about things I don’t blog about, or that I can’t be specific about. They’ve offered me encouragement and advice, but most importantly, they listened. Hopefully they can say the same thing about me.

Some of you have even ordered my singles book, Single Servings, and wrote to tell me how much you enjoyed it. That means more to me than you know. This was the toughest book I've written. Maybe because it was my first book, but I suspect it has more to do with the fact that I talked about a number of my own struggles and failures in it, and that’s never an easy thing to do.

I don’t know what’s in store for Little Nuances as I begin year two, but I don’t plan to limit myself. I’ll write about whatever is on my heart. I’ll even sneak in a political post or two once in a while, as I have this past year. Far more people are reading this blog than my previous blog and for that I say a big “thank you!” I appreciate it.

My first post here was called Hurricane Katrina and in it I said that my thoughts and prayers were with the victims of the storm. Since the one year anniversary of the storm was earlier this week, I’ll end this post the same way, because many thousands of people from the Gulf Coast are still hurting. May God be with you.

Technorati Tags: , ,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...