I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Election Thoughts

How prophetic was this magazine cover that came out a few days before the election? And this isn't a magazine that comes from the left side of the aisle. It's the magazine that Pat Buchanan started several years ago after the neoconservative movement, namely President Bush, embraced empire building.

Twelve years ago, the Republicans had a night that looked much like the one the Democrats had last night. When the Republicans had the Congress, they hardly governed as conservatives. They started out well enough, but fizzled quickly, and they morphed into a movement I don't even recognize. And one that most American voters were apparently not in agreement with because they tossed them out of office last night.

Gridlock, here we come. In my mind that is a good thing because it'll keep both major parties from being able to force unwanted agendas upon us without a little consensus building.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...