I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Road Trip

I’m on the road again. This time I’m at the Heart of America Christian Writers’ Conference in Kansas City and I’m having a great time seeing old friends I haven’t seen since the conference last year. On the way down to Kansas City, I took an alternative route because I was picking up a friend in Topeka to bring to the conference.

The route I took was an old highway. I usually travel by interstate, which obviously is much easier to navigate, but I really enjoyed this trip. As I crossed the Nebraska-Kansas border, I started to see hints of clay and rock formations that are so prevalent in the Ozarks. It reminded me of the days when my grandparents took my sister I to Arkansas during the summer to visit extended family. Those are great memories.

I also drove by a lot of small lakes and fishing ponds. Something about being around water calms my nerves. This time was no exception. And during long stretches of my drive, I didn’t see a single car in either direction. I do some of my best thinking during times like these. I didn’t come to any life-changing decisions, but I felt like I was able to clear my head for a day—and that is a good thing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...