I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Monday, November 13, 2006

It's About the Journey

I’m not crazy about endings of any sort. I don’t like movies to end after I’ve spend two hours rooting for a character(s) to overcome his or her trials because I’ve invested so much emotional energy that it just doesn’t feel right to disengage. I feel the same way about novels and television shows. And if I feel that way about endings in the land of make believe, you can imagine what I think about them in real life.

I’m not real fond of beginnings either. I’m not inquisitive by nature, so beginnings are hard for me, regardless of whether it’s a new job, or a new relationship, or a new novel. I’d much rather move past the awkward stage and get to the journey. I love reaching a point where I’ve grown fond of something or someone and then seeing what happens as life progresses.

The journey isn’t as concerned about false pretenses as beginnings are and generally the journey isn’t overly concerned about the ending. Instead it’s about the excitement generated from experiencing the important things with people you love—good company, good food, good music, anniversaries, birthdays, milestones, and all points in between.

Give me journey and I’m a happy man.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...