I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Sleep Dangerously Night

So, tonight is Sleep Dangerously Night, which sort of sounds like you better keep one eye open just in case your spouse plans to attack you in the middle of the night, but according to this website, the holiday is “a night to switch sides of the bed with your spouse.”

That’s not nearly as exciting, but I imagine it could be traumatic.

I’m not married, but I do have a certain side of the bed that I always sleep on at home. I sleep on the right side of the bed, rarely even moving to the center, and I sleep on my stomach. I’m used to swinging my right arm off the bed like a floppy noodle as I smack at the snooze button on the alarm clock when it goes off the first time, and the second time, and sometimes the third time before I finally get up.

But I just realized something. When I stay in hotels, I almost always sleep on the left side of the bed. Maybe it’s because most rooms have two beds and I usually choose the one on the right—which means the alarm clock is on the left.

I’ll be in town tonight, so in order for me to sleep dangerously, I’ll need to sleep on the left side of the bed. But how will I turn my alarm clock off? And what will my beloved cat Midnight think if I alter my routine? She’s still recovering from me being gone for so long during my recent work trip.

Okay, I guess I’m not going to sleep dangerously tonight. How about you?

Photo Credit: Andrew Richards

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...