I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

I Don't Want to Waste Your Time

I'm becoming a bigger and bigger fan of Over the Rhine as the years roll by. In fact, I think they've cracked my top ten list of favorite musical artists. Their music and lyrics have a depth that makes me want to get in the car and go for a drive while listening to one of their CD's from start to finish without any interruptions.

One particular song on their most current CD, The Trumpet Child, is called "I Don't Want to Waste Your Time." It's one of those songs that captures a sentiment that all of us have probably felt at one time or another. We want to enjoy certain aspects of life with someone we love, but only if that person has the time, desire, and understanding that we want him or her to stick around and enjoy it with us.

I remember the first time I heard this song. As it progressed, I got it. I understood the message and I started bobbing my head throughout the rest of the song. The other day, I found a live performance of this song on You Tube, and I saw someone in the front row--who was probably already familiar with the song--doing the exact same thing. I love how this person gets into it at about the one minute mark.

For those who are reading this post here on the blog, you can watch the video below. (For those who are reading this post via e-mail, scroll to the top of the -and click the link to Little Nuances if you are interested):



Oh, and tell me if Karin Bergquist's voice doesn't blow you away on this song.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...