I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Taking Away

I'm currently using a book called "The Valley of Vision" during my prayer time each day. It's a collection of Puritan prayers that quickly make the reader realize how shallow his or her prayer life has been.

One section from a prayer I read today says: "The greatest injury is in the having, the greatest good is in the taking away. In love divest me of blessings that I may glorify thee the more."

My prayers don't typically include requests for God to remove blessings from my life so that I can glorify him more, but this particular prayer rings so true that I need to rethink my prayer life. Abundance often causes complacency. Lack often causes dependency upon God. Recognizing that truth is one thing. Praying for it is another.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...