I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Marking Time

The way we mark the passage of time says a lot about who we are or at least, where we are in life. If you were a product of the 80's, you might remember a line from a Bon Jovi song that said, "Sometimes you tell the day / By the bottle that you drink." Lately, I tend to tell the day by the deadline that I keep.

I'd rather tell the days by the books that I read, or by the many social outings I've had with friends. But that isn't always realistic. And it certainly hasn't been the case as of late. I can always tell though when I'm getting out of balance. And I'm at that point right now. I haven't finished reading one book yet this year and I'm working on a short one right now. I haven't gone to see one movie. I've had some down time, but not enough.

So, I have two major deadlines to hit by Monday, and then I'm going to take a day off, which isn't something I do very often. I'm going to sleep late, do a little reading, and then do whatever I want to do. Maybe I'll even begin passing time next week by the songs I listen to on my MP3 player.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...