I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, January 04, 2008

Tidbits

Many thanks to my writing group who brought me more 2008 calendars that I know what to do with. At least I know somebody is reading Little Nuances.

I keep a spreadsheet of all of the books I read each year. I think it's fun to look back to see what I was reading as the years go by. I'm thinking about expanding the spreadsheet a little this year and adding a comment section in which I'd write a paragraph about the book as a way to remember what I liked or didn't like about the book. Does anybody else do this? What are your thoughts?

It may be January, but I'm already thinking about my three favorite sports starting up again soon: tennis, baseball, and NASCAR. Tennis has already started. NASCAR testing at Daytona will begin soon. And baseball won't begin until next month, when pitchers and catchers report. But I'm ready for all three sports.

I didn't get a chance to watch the Orange Bowl last night, and I didn't DVR it, but it sounds like I should have. Kansas won a close one over Virginia Tech and the game had all sorts of trick plays and tense moments. Oh well, a guy can only watch so much television.

I've been following the Iowa Caucus and I was pleasantly surprised to see where my candidate ended up. No, I'm not going to get into that here.

I was bummed to hear the International Tennis Federation say an independent anti-doping tribunal found Martina Hingis guilty of "an offense," which apparently means that when she tested positive for cocaine usage after Wimbledon last year, that it was legit. Hingis has been my favorite female tennis player for quite some time, so this was disappointing news.

Have a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...