I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Tidbits

My brother sent me a handwritten letter the other day from Fort Leonardwood, Missouri, where he is stationed for boot camp. He joined the Army recently. I haven't heard from him since he joined so it awesome to get a letter from him and to hear how he's doing. He's not really a letter writer, which makes receiving his letter even more special. I'm already looking forward to writing him back and to receiving his next response.

I woke up at 4:00 this morning and glanced over at the television. Novak Djokovic was up a set on Roger Federer in their semifinal match and Djokovic was about to take the second set. So, I shook the cobwebs from my brain (which takes a while, believe me) and then watched the rest of Djokovic's stunning upset of Federer in straight sets. I was glad to see it. Djokovic seems to be such a likable guy and Federer has won every non-clay court major for far too long. I wouldn't mind seeing Djokovic win the tournament. On the women's side, Ana Ivanovic made it through to the finals against Maria Sharapova and I'll be pulling for Ivanovic this weekend. I'm always bummed when majors are over, but at least I'll get a little sleep once this one is over.

I walked into a Walgreens the other night to pick up a few things--one of which was some Extra Strength Pepcid AC. They didn't have one box on the shelves. Apparently they had a sale and it must have brought out every person in Omaha who has acid reflux. But they had plenty of Regular Strength Pepcid AC on the shelf. If given the choice, who in the world would by regular strength if extra strength is available? Why even make regular strength? Does anybody ever have a mild enough case of heartburn to buy it? And even if you did, wouldn't you just buy extra strength just in case?

Have a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...