I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Friday, September 25, 2009

I'm Getting Old

My doctor has been bugging me to get an eye exam. I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes about this time last year and he wants me to get my eyes checked every year. I finally did so yesterday. Eye tests have become quite a bit more elaborate and involved than they used to be. I’ve had the little puff of air blown into my eyes by an optician before and I’ve pushed my face up against those big lens machines before too, but this guy was really thorough.

At one point, as I was looking through the lens machine, he asked me to read a tiny paragraph that he put up on the screen. It was completely fuzzy and way too small for me to even make out one word. Then he flipped to a different lens and I could see every word. He told me that the previous lens was my normal eyesight and the new lens would be my prescription for glasses. But he also said that my eyesight is pretty good overall and that he sees no evidence of Diabetes effecting my eyes. Basically, he said I’m getting old and I need to wear glasses on occasion—especially when I read. So, I’ll be placing an order for a pair this weekend.

Ah, the joys of getting old.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...