I am no longer blogging here at Little Nuances, but I would love for you to join me on my author website www.leewarren.info.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Trees Clap Their Hands

Picture
A friend sent me a text recently with a photo attached that he he took of the landscape near the Missouri River early one morning. It’s a breathtaking photo, don't you think? Look at the fog drifting over the grass. Look at the way the sun illuminates the scene, giving it such vibrant color.

It reminds me of what Isaiah 55:8-13 says:

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

“For you shall go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and the hills before you
shall break forth into singing,
and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress;
instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle;
and it shall make a name for the LORD,
an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.”

All of creation breaks forth into singing in honor of the Creator. How can we not do the same?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...